Saturday, 23 May 2015
EDM2015 - interesting detail of a building
Well I decided to do a feature from a building that I used to pass all the time in my old neighbourhood. It's the spire atop the old 'Normal School' on Elmwood Ave.
When it first opened in February 1900, it was considered to be the most modern teacher-training facility in the country.
The structure is trimmed with cut stone and its once orange-red brick has now weathered to a pale salmon colour. Several miniature cupolas, typical of its Victorian architecture adorn the roof. It has served several education related purposes after the faculty moved to new digs in 1958. I'm not sure what is housed there now but it remains a fixture at the epicenter of the Old South community.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
This tower brings back many memories
Love the swatch watch.
If I am going to have cake my fav is cupcakes lots of icing.
Post a Comment