Wednesday, 27 May 2015

EDM2015 - something fuzzy or furry

Sometimes I know right away what I want to do for the daily prompt and other times I just want to throw caution to the wind and see what happens.

For this one, I decided to just google fuzzy and see what came up. This guy immediately drew my attention for obvious reasons, nevermind that any critter that wears apple green is a star in my book!

Meet the saddleback caterpillar! Funny, to me he looks like he's wearing a basketball jersey rather than a saddle LOL. I don't know where his real eyes are but mother nature sure gave him an interesting mask with the big green pair on his face. He will eventually turn into a stout-bodied much less colourful brown moth. If you see one of these look but don't touch - those spines will sting! Painted from an online image seen on a blog called the Walden Effect, using watercolour pencils and marker.

No comments: