Thursday, 19 June 2014

New WIP

Yes, I started something new for a change. I'll be posting it in stages, although I missed capturing it in it's really ugly preliminary stage. It's now at the point where both I and any random viewers will have some idea of what it's supposed to end up like.

I'm really pleased with the ironwork on the window and the impression of geraniums thus far. The perspective as always is a little wonky but we'll see what I can do about that in the next stage. Also, where the window meets the wall needs to be pushed back and I can do that with colour and value (she says ever so confidently!). The arching bricks at the top of the window, well that may require some judicious cropping if all else fails.

I have also enrolled in summer school starting July 4th. Danny Gregory's "Sketchbook Skool" to be precise and I'm so looking forward to it. I've been sketching off and on for a number of years and most times I'm quite pleased with what emerges.

And of course, what does one need when one is starting school? New supplies!
I have ordered a Stillman and Birn Beta series 5.5" x 8" hardcover sketchbook. The beauty of these, or so I've read, is that they will lie flat so you can do a full sketch across two pages and not have a channel in the middle. This size also opens to fit the standard scanner glass.



No comments: