Monday, 9 June 2014

Another forgotten piece altered




2007

2014
Dug this piece out of my orphans' drawer to see if I could improve it. It was from a class with J done in the winter of 2007. She has an amazing ability to put blobby brush marks together and have it make sense, a skill I still lack to this day. At the time, I was just thrilled that my birdhouse looked three dimensional! 
However, after playing with some glazes to cool certain areas down, I was able to create some depth of field and I think it's somewhat better. At least there seems to be some order to all the chaos in green rather than the messy jumble in the original.

My orphans' drawer is populated with lots of these pieces so I will likely be doing this again and posting them here so I can compare them.

No comments: