Friday, 6 June 2014

A disaster remastered

This piece evolved over a period of many years. Originally the leaves were to have pink edges and blend into the green - that was the disaster part. I clearly didn't know what I was doing and it didn't work. Hard edges everywhere and no blending LOL.

So I painted the bud and cropped it digitally to use for cards. End of story or so I thought. Jump forward to yesterday when Nan was looking for something to take as a housewarming present for a mutual friend who had been asking about my artwork.

She liked this and asked would I give it a try and see if i could fix it. And this was the result. Not bad considering I didn't have a reference to work from, nevermind I was unsure of what colours I had used. I've cropped it again here in order to eliminate a big magenta blob that somehow had worked it's way onto the original - probably because it had been relegated to the scrap pile in my head LOL.

Nan is off to find a mat and frame so she can take it to dinner at A's tomorrow night. Hope she likes it. Can't deny I'm a bit chuffed with how it turned out, hence posting it here.

No comments: