Friday, 25 July 2014

A Bit of Housecleaning



Colour. I just love colour. For some people it's shape and line that draws them first to a piece of art but for me it's always been value and colour. So while I knew I had collected a lot of different colours of paint over the years, even I was a bit taken aback when I made a list.

I'm in the process of setting up my own personal palette to include in my spiffy new sketchbag - custom made by Taylor Made Too Saddlery in black leather and blue-grey snakeskin no less! My paintbox will only accommodate 11 colours so I'm going to need to choose them wisely - hence the inventory.

I'm quite happy mixing my own colours so a basic sketch palette would include a warm and a cool colour of each of the 3 primaries plus some earth tones. Sounds straightforward.

I have 13 reds, 11 yellows, 8 greens, 6 browns, 10 blues, 3 violets and 7 miscellaneous tubes of paint. That's 58 different colours and I have to narrow that down to 11 to grab and go with. This may take awhile LOL.

Note to self: make sure your painting is fully dry before putting it on the scanner!

No comments: