Monday, 2 July 2018

Lean on Me

Lean on Me - 8 x 10 mixed media
on 300lb CP wattercolour paper
(C) Susan Langdon aka NUKIART
My sister Kate sent me this charming photo of her friend's dogs Louis and Wilbur a short time ago and asked me if I thought I could paint it. Given that their personalities seem to pour off the page I was eager to give it a go. Sadly, her friend's mother died unexpectedly within a few days of Kate's request; I was even more motivated to do this picture justice.

I took my time, mentally sorting out how I wanted to approach it and then began it last weekend. I had to verbally remind myself to slow down and let the watercolour bits work their magic. My own impatience is often where things go wrong for me with this medium LOL. 

Bit by bit it came together and I am so pleased with the final results. It is scanned, signed and packaged ready to be delivered to its new owner next week. 

No comments: