Monday, 3 November 2014

New Day

Okay, so I don't hate it today LOL!

It's amazing what a figurative and literal step back will do for perspective. I was able to eliminate the weak lines of the plate with my little paint dot net program and that made a huge difference for me. Got rid of a distraction and let me look at the piece itself.

I think all that I need to do is glaze some more layers on the remaining cherries in order to get the depth of colour I'm liking in the middle left one.

Glazing is something that I don't have much experience with but there's only one way to get it so I have nothing to lose with this little study.



Still have more contour drawing to do but here's the single object I did for the first part of the assignment. It's the little sprayer bottle I use to wet my palette. Tombow marker done in my sketchbook.  The next assigment involves a still life grouping of three objects, contour drawing with watercolour applied later. I want to set up something with a variety of shapes yet have a unifying theme so will have to have a look around the house.

ETA: not sure why the image here looks like some of the vertical lines are broken. Must be how it scanned. Clicking on the image will show you what it really looks like.

On a different front Nuki is speaking to me once again so I'm going to spend the afternoon working on him and his cardinal friends.

No comments: