The amount of work I'm producing, whether good bad or indifferent, is now starting to pile up. Each time I do a studio clean up I come across pieces that I've completely forgotten about which is often a pleasant surprise. But the time has come to start keeping an inventory of just what I have and where it currently lives.
This subject has been discussed on Art Tribe and the Virgo in me liked the idea of an organization system but which one would suit me best. An excel spreadsheet seemed too clinical for me and a lot of hunting and pecking to figure it out so I decided to investigate some online options.
After researching a few I signed up for the 30 day free trial at Artwork Archive and I have to say I'm sold. I still have a couple of weeks left to try it out but I'm pretty pleased with how intuitive it is. Plus being a visual person and learner it suits me. I love having the images included with the info. The location info is handy as well now that I have a few pieces installed elsewhere for the moment. And it lets me easily track what I've submitted where, what's been gifted and what's been sold. It also makes sense to do this at or close to the beginning rather than months down the road. Since building a website is one of my goals for 2022, having an organized inventory can only help with that process.
No comments:
Post a Comment