Clearly, my inner artist has been growing more confident with my time spent in studio this summer and she was not to be denied LOL. I have a lot of available space in my bedroom and so with a little shift in layout, the winter studio has been set up!
Took down the california shutters on the big window, plunked my table right in front, bought some flexible floor lamps with daylight bulbs in them, rearranged the furniture and we're good to go. Touille, my calico longhair aka the boss, was a little unsure with all of this activity but has given her stamp of approval now that the dust has settled. And she's behaving herself as far as painting etiquette goes, though anyone familiar with cats knows that could change at a moment's notice. For now she gets to come and go freely when I'm painting.
With the change in location and season I'm already noticing some differences in my practice. Winter is just around the corner and with ever diminishing light a reality, I'm finding late morning or early afternoon is usually when I'm drawn to create. But every now and then I find myself called back in the evening, to play around some more. And I like that!
No comments:
Post a Comment