This is a project that I started many years ago - painting the lid of a wooden box meant to hold 2 decks of playing cards. I was working in acrylic craft paint and got as far as completing the background and laying my drawing down. And then I stopped.
Until today, when I was in a really pissy mood - something is draining my car battery and I thought I'd figured it out. Apparently not!
Anyway, I needed to channel all of that negative energy into something much more productive and this is what I picked. For a first layer I'm really pleased with it. I'm at the standing back and making some more decisions stage. I could tidy it up a bit, paint the rest of the box solid black, sign it and seal it. OR I might put some muted poppies in the background. Seeing it here, I'm leaning towards the first. Cleaner that way.

No comments:
Post a Comment